Susan Tepper
    Feb 06, 08:39am

Fellow-Fictionauts~
    Get your Feb. 14 (V-Day Massacre) stories or poems ready to post
    Only criteria: use the word "heart" or "hearts" somewhere in your piece

• S._tepper--nov--lighter.thumb
    Susan Tepper
    Feb 13, 09:02am

Since nobody responded to this V-day posting, I will: SUNDAY is the BIG RED DAY, HEARTS AND FLOWERS, BLOOD-LETTING, TEARS, HUGS, RECRIMINATIONS. Share your love and your pain! Send a story or poem! Don't leave me alone on V-Day! (my favorite day of the year)

• Photo_on_2012-05-10_at_10.25.thumb
    Susan Gibb
    Feb 13, 10:33am

Okay, I'm in. But remember, this was written quickly.

Susan Tepper
    Feb 13, 11:02am

Susan G- so great you are in!

• Pic_dl_95.thumb
    Dorothee Lang
    Feb 13, 11:32am

ha! i just saw the valentine massacre note in twitter. will try to come up with something, too :) .. and will spread the word.

Susan Tepper
    Feb 13, 12:04pm

Dorothee- Fabulous! Can't wait to see your piece

• Flawntnewsmall.thumb
    Finnegan Flawnt
    Feb 13, 12:04pm

i'm building up strength currently - saw this only just now. may post something before midnight (i suppose that's the dead-line for this massacre?)

Susan Tepper
    Feb 13, 12:13pm

I guess we can make the deadline tomorrow at Midnight (Valentine's Day midnight). Please do send, Finnegan

• Flawntnewsmall.thumb
    Finnegan Flawnt
    Feb 13, 12:47pm

chewing on my pen right now.

Susan Tepper
    Feb 13, 01:04pm

chomp chomp chomp

• Flawntnewsmall.thumb
    Finnegan Flawnt
    Feb 13, 03:25pm

indeed. and what a response you've already had. darkness, lightness, and colours, knives and eggs, too. very nice - i enjoyed contributing thanks for the push!

Susan Gibb
    Feb 13, 03:43pm

All it takes is a looming deadline for the writer to react instinctively!

• Pic_dl_95.thumb
    Dorothee Lang
    Feb 13, 03:48pm

"All it takes is a looming deadline for the writer to react instinctively!"

:) indeed.

• 2734896685_cccc347f0a_b.thumb
    Kevin Myrick
    Feb 13, 05:49pm

I wrote my story last week in anticipation of the day. Look for my story in the morning.

Susan Tepper
    Feb 13, 06:18pm

Kevin! We look forward to reading your story!

• Daviderlewine.thumb
    David Erlewine
    Feb 13, 08:18pm

Game on! Will be up tonight working on this. Thanks...Susan! Oh and I am wrapping up my interview with Mike Czyzniejewski. Should be up next week on JMWW. He's hilarious.

Kevin Myrick
    Feb 13, 09:59pm

Susan, you said that with such enthusiasm, I can't tell if that is internet sarcasm or true excitement.

I'll take it as excitement for the moment.

• Pic_dl_95.thumb
    Dorothee Lang
    Feb 13, 11:43pm

Susan T. - thanks for the inspiration! this challenge now lead to writing my first valentine poem ever.

and i just added "valentine" taggs to all challenge texts, so all the love now comes up with one click: http://www.fictionaut.com/tags/valentine

• Flawntnewsmall.thumb
    Finnegan Flawnt
    Feb 14, 04:27am

just WADING through the challenge submissions. someone ought to put all of these together in a special issue "romancing the fictionaut".

what i particularly like is how the pieces the comments the people all present a dense network of heart & intellect - pure joy to read all of it on this special day.

Kevin Myrick
    Feb 14, 08:42am

I've not gotten to read any yet, but I plan on plowing through them throughout the day. I love good fiction on a holiday.

• Frankenstein-painting_brenda-kato.thumb
    Sam Rasnake
    Feb 14, 10:01am

I've posted new work, Susan.

• Miles-2.thumb
    Miles Tepper
    Feb 14, 10:31am

Wow! This is very cool & exciting! You all have such BIG hearts and deserve the best in your life and writing...

for David E-- so great your in the game
    for Kevin-- meant as pure excitement
    for Dorothee- fabulous idea the tag
    for Finnegan-- fantastic idea anthology
    for Sam-- can't wait to read it

Susan Tepper
    Feb 14, 10:34am

An imposter ! (Miles Tepper) crept into the above messsage. This is what happens when you share a computer!
    All of the above came from me, SUSAN TEPPER, though Miles shares my sentiments...

Kevin Myrick
    Feb 14, 10:41am

Susan: if you worked in my office, that would have meant an immediate silly facebook message sent out to all your friends for being logged in as someone else.

I'm loving the stories today. I'd have to say my favorite so far is Ajay Nair's "Peace-keeping" and Derek Osborne's "Valentine's Day."

Susan Tepper
    Feb 14, 12:33pm

Kevin, I do have frequent identity crisis-es.
    Yes, the V-day stories and poems are amazing, I'm reading them as they come in--
    The amount of talent on Fictionaut is staggering

Susan Gibb
    Feb 14, 12:37pm

What a wonderful response! But I must say that if you can't get 'em together with a post here at the forum, spread the word via twitter and facebook. I think that nudged many of us along. Or, you're just inspirational, Susan, which I tend to believe as the reason.

• Tn_nora_copy_4.thumb
    Nora Nadjarian
    Feb 14, 12:40pm

hi all! i'm about to post my poem "Lizard" for the Valentine's day massacre challenge...
    big thanks to Dorothee for letting me know about it.
    sorry i havent been that active on fictionaut of late, but i really have been incredibly busy...

Susan Tepper
    Feb 14, 12:43pm

Susan G- thank you! Though it may just be my tenacity, or that I'm a pain in the butt (those out there who believe that, no response required!)

• Darryl_falling_water.thumb
    Darryl Price
    Feb 14, 02:55pm

What a fantastic idea! But of course I already posted my valentine's day poem days before your announcement--so I guess I lose--no heart in the title. Bummer.But I have enjoyed reading these today--they're fun and amazing just like so many Fictionauts!

• Darryl_falling_water.thumb
    Darryl Price
    Feb 14, 02:57pm

It's called,"A Leaf is Green' for those interested. Thanks!

Susan Gibb
    Feb 14, 03:16pm

And what quality. I may have faved each and every one just in the spirit of this holiday of love, but honestly, each one of them deserved it. Hell, we just put an anthology together here in two days!

• Flawntnewsmall.thumb
    Finnegan Flawnt
    Feb 14, 03:29pm

i cannot catch up. or perhaps i do. it's a "i show you mine if you show me yours" situation. great everyone. rose petals for all of ya.

Susan Tepper
    Feb 14, 03:31pm

Is there a publisher out there willing to step in and make an anthology or chapbook of these terrific Valentine offerings?

Kevin Myrick
    Feb 14, 04:36pm

Fictionauts:

I have absolutely enjoyed reading all the great stories today. I hope they do end up in some sort of anthology.

I also find it interesting how so many people kept with the general theme of Valentine's Day, romance and love with such different twists in each story.

-Kevin

• Flawntnewsmall.thumb
    Finnegan Flawnt
    Feb 15, 01:51am

daym, kevin, someone could've let this old european know that valentine's was all about love - i thought "massacre" was the overall theme. and i was wondering how slyly all of you approached it from such a loving POV. now it all makes sense suddenly ;-)

• You must log in to reply to this thread.