Most read stories

Viet Thanh Nguyen: Nothing is Resolved

299299 views33 comments33 favs

"I write out of a deep need within myself for beauty. A beauty that I think can only be found through the practice, through the sacrifice over time that's required."

TERRI AND THE BOXING MATCH

196196 views22 comments22 favs

You were the prize. He was the sudden wedge.

Sorry I Sucked a Donkey Dick!

191191 views44 comments22 favs

["And you can tear a building down ... but you can't replace ... the MEMORIES ... "]

No New Clothes for the Empress

158158 views88 comments66 favs

Because I was not sure if the poet had said yearn or urine, I zoomed in on her mouth as she commanded the lectern...

Wall

123123 views55 comments44 favs

Such is the duality of small towns: the hope; the smallness.

Where Do We Come From? What Are We? Where Are We Going?

119119 views77 comments66 favs

Marcel Proust had never been to a big-box store before. He was dazzled by the sheer size and scope of the store and the seeming impassivity of the shoppers. So many products, so many shelves, such strangely intriguing examples of the human condition. The people seemed…

line breaks

117117 views88 comments77 favs

I wish

Good Friends

6565 views33 comments33 favs

.

When I Look at You

6060 views33 comments33 favs

I see a veryunhappy child whois always smarterthan the averagebear in the room. What you need is more love, not more wisdom. There are things out there that eat light to stay alive. Are you sure you're not fattening yourself up to be…

Putin Flies!

5858 views33 comments22 favs

Rumors stranger than usual were circulating in Moskva. Naturally, they could not be confirmed, but they were making the rounds so thickly that they began spilling out of the capital. “Putin has become a superman!”

DO NOT STOP WALKING!

5252 views33 comments22 favs

There is coffee to the right and whiskey to the left.

Wings and Lace

3737 views44 comments22 favs

Feelings can't be measured, can't be weighed, can't be evaluated. I imagine invisible wings flitting inside us close to our heart like butterflies on flowers. Unpalpable, elusive, colourless lace. I'd like to be able to touch them, see if they're hot or cold. Perhaps…

Space Flesh

3636 views44 comments22 favs

In the dark I see the moon blast off