Discussion → rulez

• Flawntnewsmall.thumb
    Finnegan Flawnt
    Mar 02, 12:29am

just so you don't think your old eyes are betraying you on this wonderful still-winter-but-spring-is-near day: i did change the rules since yesterday, making them a little less restrictive - see charter on right. the main change is that you must use at least one of the words

Patrick
    Paddy
    Irish
    Dublin
    Joyce
    padding
    pad
    Padawan
    patron
    saint
    pope
    spring

that should leave you wide open, padawan learner!

• Flawntnewsmall.thumb
    Finnegan Flawnt
    Mar 02, 12:33am

i'm adding 'clover', 'bloom' and 'guinness' to the list but that's it, that's absolutely it. bad habit.

• Flawntnewsmall.thumb
    Finnegan Flawnt
    Mar 02, 09:12am

ok, just two more possible words (remember: you don't use ALL of these, unless you absolutely want to, but at least ONE of them): 'green' (for obvious reasons) and 'pal'.

• Flawntnewsmall.thumb
    Finnegan Flawnt
    Mar 03, 01:45am

...and 'Catholic', of course, how could i forget that. it occurred to me twice: yesterday on the street during a heated debate with an old jew on my being catholic, and today when reading gary's great piece 'Giacometti'. i am due for a swooning confession any time soon.

• S._tepper--nov--lighter.thumb
    Susan Tepper
    Mar 04, 09:51am

Finnegan, are you already accepting stories for the St. Paddy's Day Challenge? I was under the impression that we had to send on St. Paddy's day -- please verify

• Flawntnewsmall.thumb
    Finnegan Flawnt
    Mar 04, 01:53pm

thanks susan for asking - my mistake indeed - i'm not too good on dates plus i really do want people to submit early on so that i won't have to spend all of 17 march reading stories...that would seriously undermine my own pleasure. hope you agree. from what i see kevin over at the april fool's challenge also allows pieces any time up to the end of april 1. is the (new) formulation "All pieces are due by 17 March, 11:59 p.m. (your) local time." clear?

• You must be logged in to reply.