Discussion → February Prompt

• Old-man-on-the-beach.thumb
    Jason McCormick
    Feb 01, 01:12pm

I didn't deserve it. I won by default. But the good news is there's always February! I've borrowed this prompt from the blog of Meg Pokrass (try to use all of them):

Hipsterish Chocolate Chip Words
    SPRINKLE SOME OF THESE INTO YOUR DOUGH!

sound, cool, awesome, sweet, the shit, hot, amazing, dope, wicked, the bomb, tight, badass, sick, gangsta, pimp, shit, sexy, crazy, shizzle, the shiz, fun, wonderful, awesome, cherry, shiznit, dank, righteous, hip, fantastic, hawt, fire off, the hook, stupid, double up, chain, bitch, bizzle, off the hook, chill, omg, epic,
    boring, boredom, lazy, tired, random, funny, stupid, blah, lame, bore, awesome, loser, horny, facebook, dull, game, yawn, hungry, emo weird, chilling, dictionary, lonely, sleepy, dead, excited, annoying, alone

• Fictionaut.thumb
    Meg Pokrass
    Feb 01, 08:03pm

Yay!!! I like this one!!! I will try it too!

• Deckfight_georgia_font-crop.thumb
    Josh Spilker
    Feb 02, 03:35pm

so is the story to include just the list of words or the phrase: "hipsterish chocolate chip words SPRINKLE SOME OF THESE INTO YOUR DOUGH!" as well?

Jason McCormick
    Feb 03, 12:06am

What a terrific question, Josh! Um.

These are the prompt words:

"sound, cool, awesome, sweet, the shit, hot, amazing, dope, wicked, the bomb, tight, badass, sick, gangsta, pimp, shit, sexy, crazy, shizzle, the shiz, fun, wonderful, awesome, cherry, shiznit, dank, righteous, hip, fantastic, hawt, fire off, the hook, stupid, double up, chain, bitch, bizzle, off the hook, chill, omg, epic, boring, boredom, lazy, tired, random, funny, stupid, blah, lame, bore, awesome, loser, horny, facebook, dull, game, yawn, hungry, emo weird, chilling, dictionary, lonely, sleepy, dead, excited, annoying, alone"

But THESE are the bonus words, which are bonus points, and if they are used in your story then perhaps a semi-auto-fav will be your reward:

"Hipsterish Chocolate Chip Words SPRINKLE SOME OF THESE INTO YOUR DOUGH!"

• Author_wide.thumb
    Jürgen Fauth
    Feb 07, 03:39pm

Jason McCormick
    Feb 07, 10:07pm

HAHAAAAHA! Nice one, Jürgen! Right on.

A FEW WEEKS AGO my buddy Chad, we call him “Bird,” and I had a wonderful convo on facebook chat.

BIRD: haaay bitch! what’s crackin?

YOU: same shit, different toilet. what up pimp?!

BIRD: OMG, LOL, ur funny, bro. yo, my burfday partys gonna be sooo sick!!! theres gonna be like 8,000 pabst blue ribbons and like a bunch of dank.

YOU: word? A str8 gangsta party?

BIRD: yeah, bro, its gonna be off the hook!!! and the best part is, ive invited a whole pack of random sexy bizzles, and theyre all crazy horny, bro!!!

YOU: rad. random bizzles??? We dont know them?

BIRD: nah, bro, i met them on spacebook, bro!!! anyway, the partys gonna be a hipster theme, so make sure u wear some jorts (jean-shorts) and a v-neck or something wicked like that, and make sure u rock a sweet hairdo – frohawk it, bro! the shits gonna be at my spot, and the shits gonna be the shit, so cruise over with ur a-game this saturday. around noon, k?

YOU: k. ive got the denim doubled up, there’s an epic jacket and some awesome jorts somewhere in my room. oh, ill rock some badass Tivo’s, too.

BIRD: hip! im gonna wear this funny biker wallet chain attached to a pair of righteous jorts that matched a denim vest, and ive got a fake mustache too, bro! whatchya doin now, bro?

YOU: chilling.

BIRD: boring. loser. boredom sucks brosef. I got some dank, u wanna cruise over and puff some dopey dope?

YOU: idunno bro, im pretty tired and lazy and sleepy bro.

BIRD: yawn. lame. don’t be dull and annoying, bro. comeon, im all alone over here. ive got the bomb and im lonely bro!

YOU: OO====D fu, bro. ur crazy emo weird. aight. fine. ill cruise over. hey what r u doin tomorrow? i checked the surf, bro, and theres a cherry swell rollin in!!!

BIRD: i know, its gonna be fantastic hot bro! sounds fockin gnarly bro! I saw that shit on the news and im excited, bro! im down, we‘ll get fishy and fire off a few tubes fur sure.

YOU: aight im on the way way right now, ill be over in like thirty. u got a funny cigarette already, or should i bring the binger?

BIRD: yeah i already copped a funny ciggy and troop with the binger bro. ill peep ya when u cruise, ima bounce, peace.

BIRD IS OFFLINE.

YOU: what?

• Flawntnewsmall.thumb
    Finnegan Flawnt
    Feb 08, 06:24am

uh, not again - i just wrote such a story for another contest containing these: antiquated, asylum, blizzard, conspiracy, crimson, eclectic, epanorthosis, milk wood, periphrastic, pestilence, popsical, savoir-faire, shrinking violet, small pox, taxidermist, tendrils.

the result is the unpublishable "The Lovesick Taxidermist" at http://bit.ly/ainYna

so it can be done, preferably in grad school, but it nearly broke me. perhaps at the end of february when spring is in the air...a sequel maybe, tentatively titled "The Amazing Adventures of a Horny Gangsta".

• You must be logged in to reply.