We collect the best of last week’s Twitter feed for those of you who “don’t know from Twitter.” If you have member news or interesting links to share, please email or DM us.
Fictionauts at Large
- At Litsnack, John Minichillo’s “Moving In And Reunited With Her Things.”
- “The House as Rita Sees It” by Ben Greenman at 52 Stories.
- Arlene Ang’s “On the Last Known Destination of a Missing Person” at Staccato.
- Michael Kimball writes Kim Chinquee’s life story on a postcard.
- Women Writers: A Zine with fiction by Katrina Gray, Roxane Gay,Julie Innis, Susan Tepper, Vallie Lynn Watson, and Meg Pokrass.
- “Chocolate gives nose bleeds to children, my grandmother said.” Lisa Lim’s “Beards” at
- “Fifty-One” by Ajay Nair at Bull Men’s Fiction.
- “Obelisk” by Ravi Mangla at Necessary Fiction.
- “What’s on TV? We could watch murder shows.” Two flash fictions by Scott Garson at 3:AM Magazine.
- “Stephen King, Stephen King. You’re afraid of everything.” William Walsh at the Kenyon Review blog.
- New SmokeLong Weekly: “Complicit” by Gay Degani, selected by Tara Laskowski.
- Publishers Weekly meets Publishing Genius.
- “The Man Sitting Behind You Is a Serial Rapist,” by Bess Winter — just up Wigleaf.
Submissions & Contests
- Submit to La Petite Zine before they close submissions for preemptive spring cleaning.
- Win Tom Lee’s Greenfly and Joseph Young’s Easter Rabbit at The Short Review.
- Women writers! Submit to A Room of Her Own‘s Orlando contests & eMessage competition. $1000 prizes.
- Rick Moody will pick the winner of HTML Giant’s “So Many Books” contest. No fee, and you have till March 21.
- Round-up of writing contests for poetry, fiction, creative nonfiction, flash & more at Newpages.
- Matchbook is now accepting submissions for a series of postcards that will showcase both visual art and poetry.