PDF

Jam Sessions with Wannabe Rock Stars


by Patrick Parr


Hey Sledge!

Yo.

Did you know Socrates hated the idea of writing thoughts down?  He said it weakened the memory…made us lazy.

Say wha?

That's why he never wrote a book.  The only way we know about him is through his student Plato's writing.  Strange, huh?

Yeah it is.

Chicky chicky blam boom, ba da da ba da, ba da da ba da. Socrates!  Oh yeah!  Chicky boom. Chicky boom.  Chicky booooooooooooom.

    

 

Hey Sledge!   

Yup.

Where's Trash?   

I dunno…sleeping?

He's supposed to put down some bass.

Meh…

Yeah…meh.

Reeeeeeeeeeee, gabba gup, gabba gup, Socrates was a lazy ass rawwwwwwwram!  TONK!

 

   

 

Hey Sledge!

Sup.   

Do you ever want to just hug people?  I mean, like a complete stranger.  Just hug the shit out of him.

Dah da da, dah da da, chicky chicky pow pow, chicky chicky pow pow, do do ma, do do ma!    Socrates was a bad bad boy, all he wanted was a hug but...  tough luck!  Oh yeah!  Tough...Luuuuck!

 

 

Hey Sledge!   

Uh huh.

Do you think God made us?  Or do you think we came from fish?

Neither. Monkeys.

Fish were first, then monkeys, then us, if you're going that way.

Seriously?

According to Carl Sagan.

Huh.

BLAM BOMB!  Shriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii tat a, gabba gup. Socrates, he's gonna check those fish, oh yeah! Oh yeah!  Gonna check and see if we were once a dish! Oh yeah!

 

 

Hey Sledge.

Mm.

Can I borrow twenty bucks?

Ask Trash.  I'm broke.

We need a gig.

Seriously.

Clickity clack Give us a chance cause baby we'll make you dance.  Shooty shooty pop pop.

 

 

Trash!  What the hell?  Where have you been?

With Lisa…I think she's the one, boys.

Thonk tonk, tugga tugga doon doon tugga tugga doon.

 

 

Hey Sledge!

Yeah?

Do you think it's important to start your own family so you can experience the arc of life?

I dunno, but I experienced Lisa last weekend.  Thought you should know, Trash.

You're kidding, right?

Here's the video.

____________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________  

That was Lisa all right.  The video quality was surprisingly high-quality, Sledge.  Looks like you took a lot of time setting things up.  Good touch using the Van Gogh in the background…you need more tissues, Trash?

Piss off!   

Bwwaaaaa nad nad Bwood!  Piss off!  Piss off!  They got a gig with Socrates, they ate some fish and sang a melody!  Video experience!!!  Experience!  Experieeeeeeeence!

   

 

 

Hey Sledge!

What?

Clickity clack.

You're an ass.

Endcap