Forum / Black Sabbath

• Angelcity1.thumb
    Chris Okum
    Mar 19, 07:59pm

I thought all of you could use this. Everyone needs a little Sabbath in their lives: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3b6SGoN6dA

• Dscf0571.thumb
    David Ackley
    Mar 19, 08:58pm

Yeah, that worked

• Angelcity1.thumb
    Chris Okum
    Mar 20, 07:10pm

More Black Sabbath and less Taylor Swift in the collective diet. It's a start. Of what? I don't know.

• Img_20220916_174315_923.thumb
    Jeffrey S. Callico
    Mar 20, 08:27pm
  • Angelcity1.thumb
    Chris Okum
    Mar 20, 09:35pm

Ozzy fried his circuits about 40 years ago. Whatever he says are lines being fed to him by his wife, who controls him like a marionette. He's blown away by Taylor Swift in the same way he's blown away by a bowl of mash potatoes with extra gravy, in the same way he's blown away by a fresh pair of socks.

• Self_portrait.thumb
    eamon byrne
    Apr 05, 07:25am

Thanks for that Chris. Fairly typical of the time, extended guitar solo in the middle going nowhere. But i love the feedback guitar intro. Here are my 2 fav guitar tracks: Stones' Sway (album only version sticky fingers) and U2 Bullet the Blue Sky (any version Joshua Tree album or most live versions coz they kickass).

• Self_portrait.thumb
    eamon byrne
    Apr 05, 08:15am

Sometimes I think if there had been a real time machine and the stones had walked in to a certain living room in Vienna in 1790 and been allowed to demonstrate their weird wired up instruments I thing one Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart would have been both shocked and impressed. And not by the long hair and Carnaby St threads either. It would've been the sound, dig. And the shock would have been cataclysmic. Maybe the requiem would've been finished earlier. Or maybe not even started. Maybe the wolfman might've kicked it then and there rather than the year after. Who knows. Maybe classical music might've shifted on its axis. Maybe Wagner and Mahler might've written rock operas and 2 hour epics for massive 60 piece rock bands. Who knows. But classical music would've still pointed the way. Still does. I mean what is classical, right? There's so much difference and similarity. Take sway. If you listen to lead guitar carefully through the right earcup you get it straight away: intricate counterpoint. The music is absolutely as serious and perfected as any in Mozart's string quintets. In time machine's distant future those fucking intricate combinations of bass and drum and lead will be there coming at ya from the digiverse. But get this, Wolfie's will be being played by clones of trained musos, while the stones clones won't exist at all: only the music will. Notes, sound. An analogue of Barthes' death of the author if ever there will be one. Requiescat in Pace: W A Mozart, lead guitar reverb from the right earcup.

• You must log in to reply to this thread.