Forum / strannikov @ Oddball Magazine

• Photo_00020.thumb
    strannikov
    Dec 13, 06:53pm

Ongoing with efforts to get Fictionaut contributors active on the site, activity elsewhere constitutes participation, too:

https://oddballmagazine.com/poem-by-strannikov/

"From the Kitchen of Doctor Faustus"--with thanks to the editors/publishers and the artist for the accompanying collage.

• Frankenstein-painting_brenda-kato.thumb
    Sam Rasnake
    Dec 15, 03:24am

"Philosophers slosht on reason distilled,
    besotted with the logicks of their dreams—
    suave ruthlessness applied to every task
    with formulas at hand for all that seems.

Maniacal reason, madly sought,
    to find the scope of microcephalies—"

Love the music of your phrasing, Edward. Enjoyed this piece - and the art. Great to read more of your work.

• Photo_00020.thumb
    strannikov
    Dec 15, 02:00pm

Sam:

Thank you, thank you, and thank you.

I take this piece to be one of my better efforts at satiric verse, so an extra thank you for the vote of confidence.

Yeh, somehow with the way the publisher/editor put it on the page, it looks good, too (a friend surprised me by agreeing with that judgment or perception unprovoked).

Do stay well, and keep up all good work. --and in the spirit of Fictionaut, let's see some more of yours!

until soon,

E/s

• Img_5429.thumb
    Dianne McKnight-Warren
    Dec 15, 03:59pm

Reminds me of the weird sisters. Very incantationish. Rich, dark magic. I cast a spell on you....

• Photo_00020.thumb
    strannikov
    Dec 15, 06:07pm

Dianne:

Thank you for your comments.

My cauldron spilled over a bit: most of what I've read concerning alchemy goes into fiction, but some of it has begun to permit other applications.

Do stay well, keep up all good work.

until soon,

E/s

• You must log in to reply to this thread.