If you have a Kindle, Nook, Kobo Reader or other eReader, you can now subscribe to the latest Fictionaut stories and have them delivered directly to your device in full length. Here’s how:
- Install Calibre. Calibre is free eBook management software that can convert popular formats and also allows you to subscribe to any site that offers an RSS feed. Calibre is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- Download the custom Fictionaut Calibre recipe to your computer.
- When you first start Calibre, it will guide you through a setup dialog to connect to your eReader. Then, select “Add a Custom News Source” from the “Fetch News” menu.
- In the “Add Custom News Source” dialog, select “Load recipe from file” and open the Fictionaut recipe you downloaded.
- If you like, you can open “Fetch News” > “Schedule News Download” and select “Fictonaut” under the “Custom” listing to schedule the download — say, once a day.
- That’s it. If you scheduled the download (and leave Calibre running), new Fictionaut stories will be automatically transferred to your eReader according to the schedule you set. Alternatively, you can open Caliber and select “Fetch News” to manually start a transfer.
We previously mentioned Instapaper as a great way to move selected stories to your eReader. We’d love to hear how the Fictionaut Calibre recipe works for you — please let us know if you have questions, comments, or improvements.
Update: the recipe now also includes the latest posts from the Fictionaut blog.