Forum / Cami Park - Death

• Franklin Goodish
    Dec 09, 07:20pm

Does anyone have details information about sending flowers to her family, etc? I heard about it here from Kathy Fish's comment and then found the link below. I'd ask if anyone knew how she died but that sounds ghoulish.

http://htmlgiant.com/author-spotlight/cami-park/

I am so saddened to hear this terrible news.

• Photo_on_1-21-15_at_3.05_pm.thumb
    Kathy Fish
    Dec 09, 07:29pm

George, I have only heard that Cami had been ill for several weeks, then developed a blood infection and died from that. I am devastated. She was truly a unique and brilliant voice in the world and in her fiction. I hope somebody smart publishes a collection of her work. She was inimitable. I'd like to know the same thing you do and that is how to send condolences or where to send a remembrance in her name. This is a tremendous loss.

• Franklin Goodish
    Dec 09, 08:16pm

Oh this is so terrible, Kathy. Thanks for letting me know. I've been a fan of Cami's for a long time. She truly was inimitable.

Kathy Fish
    Dec 09, 08:34pm

George and anybody else who wants this info, from Cami's sister:

Thank for your kind words on the passing of Cami Park. If you would like to send to send more formal condolsences, please forward to her daughter: Barbara Park, 3868 Imperial Way, Apt #1, Carson City, NV 89706. Her contact phone number is 775-220-8448. The Park Family

• Franklin Goodish
    Dec 09, 08:38pm

Thank you so much, Kathy.

• Frankenstein-painting_brenda-kato.thumb
    Sam Rasnake
    Dec 09, 11:20pm

Terrible news. Very sorry to learn this.

• S._tepper--nov--lighter.thumb
    Susan Tepper
    Dec 10, 10:32am

Oh, horrible news. Such a delicate name for this lovely writer. I hope Cami's stories will stay up here for us to read and enjoy.

• Meplane.thumb
    Jim Nichols
    Dec 10, 12:46pm

I knew Cami from SCRAWL...she was a unique personality and writing talent. We butted heads for a while there, but after working together on a project got to know and like each other. I'm sorry to hear that's she's passed on.

• Photo_on_2012-05-10_at_10.25.thumb
    Susan Gibb
    Dec 10, 02:19pm

This is when I'm ever grateful that words can hold a lifetime and endure beyond it. RIP Cami.

• Kreuzberg,%20germany%201992.thumb
    Robert Vaughan
    Dec 10, 06:39pm

This is so sad, Cami's writing will most certainly endure, Susan. Thanks for posting the contact information for her daughter, Kathy. She will definitely be missed.

• Photo.thumb
    Jason Lee Norman
    Dec 11, 01:55am

I knew Cami a little and wrote about it on the Wufniks page. She was always very sweet and kind to me about my writing.
    Kathy, are we sending condolences to her sister or her daughter?

I sincerely hope that Cami is in a better place right now. Her writing lives on and it is very strong writing indeed.

• Linda.thumb
    Linda Simoni-Wastila
    Dec 11, 01:15pm

I spent some time reading her posted stories. Sigh. Lovely, evocative stuff. I didn't know her, but feel loss anyway. Peace...

• 0388e1260hbw.thumb
    Mark Reep
    Dec 11, 04:12pm

Sheldon's post 'For Cami' on Bent Country, incl. her piece 'The Night Air, the Throats':
    http://bentcountry.blogspot.com/2010/12/for-cami.html

Kathy Fish
    Dec 11, 04:18pm

Thanks for that, Mark. I've been googling and finding tributes all over the web. The thing about Cami is that she was so unassuming about her own work, yet championed other writers. She was a tireless reviewer. I loved her blog. just pure class and brilliance.

• 453.thumb
    Jon Davies
    Dec 12, 12:04am

I didn't know her, but she was a fantastic writer. It was a shock to hear of her death. I'm glad someone was able to shed a little light on how. What a tragedy.

• Tux.thumb
    Gary Percesepe
    Dec 12, 01:15pm

i am just now picking up this news--oh, so sad.

she was a friend. and will be missed by many. her work endures.

• Darryl_falling_water.thumb
    Darryl Price
    Dec 12, 08:46pm

Kathy's right: pure class and brilliance.I am saddened.

• You must log in to reply to this thread.